Getting Started With Risen Consultants
Who is eligible for our services? Risen Consultants serves children and adults with behavioral challenges. Typically, we support individuals who require assistance in
- Developing or enhancing language skills to more effectively communicate their needs and functional skills (e.g., daily living, self-regulation) that will lead to greater independence
- Diminishing problem behaviors such as noncompliance, aggression, self-injury, elopement, and property destruction that limit their ability to develop skills and participate fully in integrated settings.
What is needed to start a services
1.Initial Assessment (Admission):
a. Physician’s written order
b. Medical necessity letter
c. One of the following:
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Evaluation by the recipient’s school district that has determined eligibility for special education
- Diagnostic evaluation conducted by one of the following:
-Developmental pediatrician licensed in accordance with Chapter 458, F.S. and certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
-Clinical psychologist licensed in accordance with Chapter 490, F.S.
-Child and adolescent psychiatrist licensed in accordance with Chapter 458, F.S. and certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.